Sunday, February 07, 2010

Wdding plans #1 - Colors, ring, and cake

My friend Amanda has a school assignment to plan her wedding. She asked me and Lexi and Amber if we wanted to do it with her. Of course I said yes. What teenage girl would say no?
This ring is my favorite. It's simple and pretty. Lexi was saying she didn't like it because it was too simple, but I like it - it can go formal and casual. And, this isn't even the ring I'll choose, I'm sure.
First I'd like to mention that I would like my wedding colors to be red and white. They're classy, but not white tie extravagance. Plus, I can have red and white roses for decoration.
I like this idea to have cupcakes. I had never even heard of having cupcakes until I saw some pictures. But I like it. No one has to cut all the pieces for everyone. I went to a wedding where someone was assigned to stand by the cake the whole time, waiting for people to come and ask him to cut pieces for them of their desired size. Not at my wedding. With cupcakes, I wouldn't need to provide forks or plates - just napkins. And have you ever heard of someone having offered to "send a piece of the cake" to an unfortunate person who missed the wedding? Cupcakes would make that easier to accomplish. I also like the cakes below. I'm feeling a little iffy about the cake on the right, because I'm not a fan of frosting-with-cake, when it should be cake-with-frosting. There's only one frosting recipe in the whole world that I like.

2 comments:

My name is Lexi said...

i am in love with that hydrandea cake. it would go good with my japanese style wedding too. or any style wedding for that matter. it's so pretty. it looks just like tash. you should put hydrangea blossoms in your hair for your wedding

Emily H said...

The title of this post freaked me out a little. I am glad you are planning for someone else. ha ha. Also, I am glad you are back blogging. Love the bow in the background. Adorable. Love you and miss you!