Tuesday, May 15, 2007

'Singin' on the Isle'


Ciao!
Okay, I have to tell you my 'I thought I was gonna die' story. No one else I told seemed to like it, so sorry if you fall asleep. Sherokee & some 7th graders invited me to go tubing on Friday. I was really happy and excited. There's the dance, we're going tubing, there's night- games, Lex and Dad come home, and other I would miss out on.
The Stucci's drove me over to Shanley's house. It ends up I knew her older sister. How weird is that? We got dressed, and waited around for the other girls to show up. Shailee, Sherokee, Shanlee, Suzie, Mandee, Melissa, and 3 others girls whose names I don't know came. We all got inner-tubes, and took turns blowing eachothers up. Hard work man. But nothing compered to what we were about to do.
We all set out, and it was pretty scarry. Most of the time I couldn't stay in my tube. The creek would drag me along, with my legs hitting every single rock. We got split into 3 groups. I was the middle group. 4 of us had our tubes tied together. Suddenly, we come across this log lieing across the creek. We had to get out of our tubes, and take turns getting over it. When I got out of my tube, I somehow got knocked under the water, and couldn't get up for, I bet ya, at least 15 seconds. I couldn't find the top,and if I did, innertubes were in my way. The rope tangled around me, and things were pretty ugly. I thought I was going to die. Meanwhile, everyone else started screaming "Natasha!" (although I couldn't hear them)"She's caught under the innertubes! The rope's around her neck!" I didn't know I was chocking, but most of my body had gone numb from the chill of the water.
The mountains were melting, and the current was much stronger than we anticipated. We finally got out of that mess, but people still kept getting hurt. We found a good place to rest. 3 girls chickened out, and ran away with our only cellphone onle we were pushed into the water. Soon after, Melissa anounced that she thought her knee was hurt, possibly broken. We had a panic moment. The 7 girls that were last decided to split up, with capable people with Melissa to help her. Aparently I'm capable, because I was 1 of those 3 with her. We had to keep stopping and resting for Melissa, and the other group got way ahead of us. We found a place where the water was more shallow, andthere was some land sticking out, so we stopped on the land, and sent Mandee to tell the others to wait for us. It was a depressing time for me,Suzie, and Melissa. Melissa could barely walk, Suzie was having a melt down, and I was asking stupid questions like, "So, who did you dance with?"just to make conversation. We were moving our innertubes around so we could sit in the sun, wewere asking eachother what our favorite songs were, and singing them. We were yelling down the river; "Mandee! Where are you?", crying into eachother's shoulders "We're going to die!", and telling jokes like, "10 friends set out on a creek to go tubing. 3 leave. The 7 other girls get seperated, one, of whom, broke her knee, and they send out 1 girl to tell the others to stop. She never comes back, and the 3 others are stuck on an island for an hour, asking eachother who they danced with". That joke was Suzie's. so, yeah, We were stuck there an hour. We even considered writing SOS with the nearby logs in case any passing helicopters see it. It was pathetic.
We finally decided that we had to get off the island-thingy. So, we cut the rope attaching the tubes together, with a piece ofwood that was lieing around so we could tie each end to trees to help Melissa cross. Just as we realised the rope was too short, the people who owned the land across the creek came and saved us. Suzie cried. "We're saved". She kept saying. My lips had turned purple. We crossed, and hoped we could get a ride in the golf course excebition lookin' car, but Sister Stucci gave us a ride. Aw well. We took Melissa to the hospital, then went and picked up everyone else, who had made the phone call to save us. They were alright, except they had to climb 5 barbwire fences, and Mandee twisted her ankle, with her sock drenchedin blood. But it ended up she only had this tiny scratch, but it bled alot.
You should see mylegs. My thighs are covered in bruises, andmy grandma put this plastic wrap lookin' stuffthat helps skin grow back, on my shins. Sick. I felt bad for Shanley. She felt lik eit was all her fault beause it was her idea to go tubing. She cryed when we went to her house and told her everything that happened from the time she and 2 other girls left. Everything ended up fine though. I don't think I'll go tubing for a long time. haha
Arriverderci

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey this was totally scary and i so fill for u, cause i was their
well talk more later k!!!!!

Tashi said...

Thamks for commenting! It cracks me up that your name is Julie!

MaDiSoN said...

Hey ummmmm...i'm not like gettin up in ur face or anything but those 2 ppl's names that u didnt know were sam and madi and they happen 2 be 2 of my bff's so yea and when shanlee madi and sam left they werent being chicken...they left cuz they knew it was 2 dangerous 2 keep going so it UR fault that this happened and its not there fault that u guys didnt have a cell phone after they left cuz i know darn well that sum of the ppl u were with have cell phones so its their fault if they didnt bring them so just dont say any more bout this -k- ~im out~